South Camp is our superior self-catering camp. These comfortable compact tents provide everything required to make your stay most enjoyable.
South Camp has 4 tents, all of which are en-suite and on a concrete platform on ground level. Tents S1, S2 & S3 can accommodate 2 guests each with the option of either a twin bed or a double bed configuration. Tent S4 is a family tent and can accommodate 2 adults with a twin bed or a double bed configuration as well as 2 children on two stretchers. Bedding and towels are included in the rate. Adequate lighting is provided by solar power. There are no plug points inside the tents.
- There is a 5x5m kitchen tent equipped with steel lockup cupboards, tables and shelving and all the required kitchenware for guest use. There is a fridge, deep freeze and 2 X 2-plate gas stoves for guests. This facility will be shared by all guests staying at the camp.
- Pots & pans, cooking utensils, crockery & cutlery, glasses and black storage bins to store your food are provided.
- Glasses etc. are to remain in camp. Guests are to bring their own glasses etc. to use at the public picnic sites, hides and on game drives.
- Guests need only to bring their OWN FOOD and DRINKS.
- Limited firewood is supplied by Kapula camp for the donkeys' hot water boilers and the fire pit.
- There is a timber deck viewing platform raised approx. 1.6meters above the ground which gives guests an excellent view over Kapula Vlei. This platform has canvas walls and roof with dining room table and chairs and couches. It is a wonderful area to pass the time watching game activity in the Kapula Vlei when not exploring the area with your own vehicle. This facility will be shared by all guests staying at the camp.
- Plug points are available for charging cellphone and camera batteries only. No kettles or hair dryers or any other electrical appliances are allowed.
- South Camp tents can be booked as individual units. If there is more than one party in camp guests will have to share the facilities.
- Only tent 4 can accommodate children sharing with adults.
Maximum number of guests in camp at one time is 10 including children.
Kapula's friendly staff will service and clean the camp daily, make the fires for the hot water and the fires for the evening braais.
Kapula wishes you a warm African welcome!